Thurrock Teaching School Alliance
The Thurrock Teaching School Alliance will give outstanding schools and those with outstanding practice a leading role in the training and professional development of teachers, support staff and headteachers as well as contributing to the raising of standards through school-to-school support.
The strategic partners of the alliance are: Beacon Hill Academy, Deneholm Primary, Gable Hall School, Grays Convent High School, Hassenbrook Academy, The Hathaway Academy, Ormiston Park Academy, St. Clere’s School, Stifford Clays Primary, Thurrock Pupil Support, Treetops School and William Edwards School. All of the alliance schools have a history of successful partnership working and a commitment to collaboration. The partnership provides a geographical network across Thurrock and represents all educational phases and settings.
Whilst adopting varied approaches to many aspects of school improvement we are all committed to :
- achieving or maintaining outstanding status;
- the further development of outstanding teaching, learning and pedagogy;
- recruiting, training and retaining the very best staff with outstanding CPD as a central strand;
- involving all schools who have an interest in the alliance.
6 Key areas:
- TT and new entrants to the profession – developing ITT opportunities for all schools, and becoming involved in the School Direct programme
- CPD – providing high quality, value for money CPD for all schools – The Bill Rogers training day on September 4th was a HUGE success! Watch the news section for further training events!
- Talent spotting and develop leadership potential. Where are Thurrock’s next Headteachers and how can we develop and retain them in the borough? – developing a cohesive approach to leadership training and succession planning.
- Providing support for schools by schools – using the best practice we have locally to support developing practice; enabling professional colleagues to collaborate and learn from each other.
- Designating and brokering SLEs – sharing expertise and developing coaching across all of our schools.
- Engaging in research and development – developing exciting and innovative pedagogy and leadership through our bespoke Masters programme, and other research and development opportunities.
The progress of the Teaching School will be measured against Key Performance Indicators :
|1 Pupil attainment and closing the gap||The improvement each year in attainment at key stages 2, 4 and 5 for pupils attending schools in alliances is greater than the national average. The reduction in the achievement gap for pupils in receipt of free school meals and/ or in care in teaching school alliances is greater than the national average|
|2 Overall effectiveness of schools||Schools in alliances show a greater than national average improvement in Ofsted judgements*, resulting in fewer poorly performing schools and more good and outstanding schools|
|3 Quality of teaching||As a result of effective initial teacher training and continuing professional development, schools in alliances show an improvement in Ofsted judgements for teaching and learning that is greater than the national average|
|4 Quality of leadership||As a result of effective leadership development, schools in alliances show an improvement in Ofsted judgements for leadership and management that is greater than the national average|
|5 Number of trainees trained||The number of initial trainees trained in teaching school alliances increases year on year (in total and for each teaching school cohort)|
|6 Supply of leaders||As a result of effective talent spotting and succession planning, schools in alliances show an improvement in headship vacancy rates that is greater than the national average|
|7 Number of schools in teaching school alliances||The number of schools in teaching school alliances increases year on year (in total and for each teaching school cohort)|
|8 The number of SLEs designated, trained and deployed||The number of SLEs designated and trained by teaching schools is in line with targets agreed with DfE50% of SLEs are deployed within 3 months of designation|
Contact : Maria Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org
William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
T: 01375 486000
F: 01375 486009
Peter Melville on email@example.com