Year 11 Revision Support
Planning Your Revision
Like every other kind of study, you will feel much more in control of revising for exams if you plan your revision and decide which strategies to use to mate it as effective as possible.
Five reasons to think positively about exams
- Exams motivate your study – everything you learn in your courses can help you in your exams.
- Exams are great opportunity to show what you can do. Potentially, good exam results could unlock some really exciting doors in your life.
- The people who are marking your exam paper want to give you all the marks they can.
- Your teachers are exam experts. You have access to all their expertise to help you do your best.
- Preparing for exams gives you experience of building up to a big challenge. This is useful experience for whatever you go on to do after school.
Everyone is at least a little bit nervous about exams. You can use that nervous energy to get lots done, but it can also make it harder to think coolly and calmly about how to do your revision.
That is why it makes a lot of sense to plan out your revision well in advance of your exams. Your teachers will let you know when to start.
Studies have found that certain learning techniques can really help students perform better. You just need to find which techniques work for you.
Please Click Below to read the full article.