WES Provider Access Policy
William Edwards School Provider Access Policy Statement
Under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997, as of 2 January 2018, the school has a duty to provide students in years 8-13 with access to providers of post-14, post-16 and post-18 education and training. This policy statement sets out how we manage access requests from these providers.
What are students entitled to?
Students must be allowed to:
- Learn more about technical education qualifications and apprenticeship opportunities, as part of a careers programme which informs students of the full range of education and training options available to them at each transition point.
- Hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities on offer, for example, technical education and apprenticeships – this can be achieved through options evenings, assemblies, group discussions, and taster events.
- Understand how to apply to the full range of academic and technical courses available to them.
Who handles our access requests?
Any provider wishing to request access should contact our careers leader, Mr T Parker, on 01375 486000 or via email on: email@example.com
What opportunities are provided to allow access to students?
Via our school careers programme, we offer providers numerous opportunities throughout the school year to speak to students and/or their parents. Our annual schedule of events is as follows:
Who should providers contact to discuss events and options?
Providers can speak to Assistant Headteacher, Mr T Parker, to discuss possible attendance at relevant events.
What are the rules for granting and refusing access requests?
We will grant access requests that meet the following criteria:
- Requests from Ofsted registered 11-19 providers
- That are reasonable and do not impact on existing educational provision for our students
What can providers expect once a request has been accepted?
Once we have approved a provider, we will work with them to identify the best method for providing access to our students.
We will make the school hall, classrooms and private meeting rooms available to host discussions between providers and students. We will also make presentation equipment, such as projectors and televisions, available to providers.
Arrangements will be discussed in advance between our careers leader and a nominated member of the provider’s team.
Can providers leave prospectuses for students to read?
Providers are welcome to leave a copy of their prospectus and other relevant course literature with Mr T Parker.
Approval and review
This policy statement was approved by the school’s Senior Leadership Team on 05/02/18.
The next review will take place in February 2021.