The school is delighted to report the strongest ever exam results in 2016.
Highlights include 73% of students achieving at least a C grade in both English and maths and the best Science results ever, with all students sitting GCSE and 69% achieving at least a C grade.
Headline outcomes for 2016 are as follows:
A* – C Including English & Math’s = 73% (national average = 63%)
Pupils entered for EBacc subjects = 66% (national average = 40%)
Pupils achieving EBacc = 37% (national average = 25%)
EBacc must include A*-C in English, Maths, Science, MfL and Humanities
Progress 8 (8 best subjects) = +0.03 (national average = -0.03)
Attainment 8 (8 best subjects) = 50.8 (national average = 49.9)
Outcomes were above national average in all 5 headline measures and significantly above national average in the case of A* – C Including English & Math’s and Pupils achieving EBacc. These outcomes represent the strongest ever GCSE results for pupils at William Edwards.
These results once again represent the significant achievement by students at the school. They are testament to the hard work and dedication of our students and staff coupled with the significant support from parents and governors.
The DfE’s School Performance Table relating to William Edwards School can be found by clicking here
- School Prospectus3rd October 2014 - 12:05 pm
- P.E. Extra Curricular Timetable for Summer 201724th April 2017 - 10:54 am
- Year 11 English Revision schedule April & May18th April 2017 - 10:07 am
- Free School Application Approved12th April 2017 - 10:04 am
- Historic Royal Palaces Visit31st March 2017 - 12:21 pm
- Easter Eggs For The Thurrock Food Bank30th March 2017 - 1:58 pm
William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
T: 01375 486000
F: 01375 486009
Peter Melville on email@example.com