The Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Construction is a 30-credit and 180-guided-learning hour qualification (GLH) that consists of two mandatory units plus optional units that provide for a combined total of 30 credits (where at least 16 credits must be at Level 2 or above)
Unit Mandatory units Credit Level
- 1 Structure of the Construction Industry
- 2 Exploring Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
Unit Optional units (Any 4 from the following)
- 11 Exploring Trowel Operations
- 13 Performing Brickwork Operations
- 14 Exploring Painting and Decorating
- 15 Performing Paperhanging Operations
- 16 Performing Decorating Operations
- 17 Exploring Building Services Techniques in Construction
This course will be for a small group of learners that wish to pursue Construction courses in Further Education after they have left William Edwards. The course will be on site but will involve working with construction professionals for the practical performing elements. There is theory involved and the learners that are accepted on to the course will be expected to produce all of the evidence necessary to be able to claim certification.
There will be basic kit requirements that are in line with health and safety in the Construction industry.