Careers & Guidance
At William Edwards School, we understand the importance of Careers Education and Guidance and pride ourselves on the high quality of provision that we offer our students.
For many of us, choosing a career is very difficult, there are a wide range of courses, qualifications, training programmes and careers available. Good careers education and guidance can give students a flying start. It will help them to prepare for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life and develop skills, attitudes and abilities which will help them to be effective in a variety of occupations.
We have an extensive Careers Education Programme on offer to our students, which is delivered through a wide range of activities and agencies; partly through our PSHEE programme with significant support from local businesses and an extensive programme of visits to and by local colleges and universities, through which, we aim to raise the aspirations of all our students and help them to reach their career ambitions.
One of the key points in planning for a successful career is the choice of option subjects in Yr9. Please feel free to browse the option choices available. The new 2014 Options Booklet will be published later this month.
- School Prospectus3rd October 2014 - 12:05 pm
- P.E. Extra Curricular Timetable for Summer 201724th April 2017 - 10:54 am
- Year 11 English Revision schedule April & May18th April 2017 - 10:07 am
- Free School Application Approved12th April 2017 - 10:04 am
- Historic Royal Palaces Visit31st March 2017 - 12:21 pm
- Easter Eggs For The Thurrock Food Bank30th March 2017 - 1:58 pm
William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
T: 01375 486000
F: 01375 486009
Peter Melville on email@example.com